Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A poem on the life of a Youth..

Youth-
a period of affliction, a period of struggle
a period of change, a period of striving
Youth-
has its own charm and enjoyment
has its own despair and vengeance

Crying a tear, and wiping a tear
spurring myself to force a smile after I've cried;
Escaping from a situation, in a fear that nobody sees me crying;
I have my hopes and I have my dreams
Both at the crossroads, as it seems
I cannot see through the haze around me
Unsure as to what i shall get more out of this life
I did not have the wisdom to judge what was wrong
I never saw betrayal coming
-until it finally reared its pointed fangs
And then I cried and wetted my eye 
my heart became heavy, and I could not stop myself

I cried a tear, a two, a three
and ceasing my heart's content
I wiped my last tear
and spurred myself towards something deep-
It was a recognition, a determination, 
an eye opener, an experience
that made me take a recluse so fierce
and my heart sighed so deep;

Some moments of silence it took
for me to realize what was right for me
And, some moments of resurrection it took
for me to know what was 'I' to me.
And now i know, what the truth is
or rather I should say, what it had so been
Only I, myself was into that oblivion
-ignorant of what everything could have seemed

And now I know what lies above and beneath
of all the truth and lies I've faced
My heart, still burning with a passionate flame
has finally witnessed what life has showcased.


Originally written on : 
26th November 2008
a Wednesday..

No comments:

Post a Comment